Exercise Tips To Improve Your Overall Health & Fitness
Do You Hate Exercise?
If you have been out of shape for a year or more, getting back in shape should start with a visit to your doctor. Joining a gym is good. Going to the gym is great. But you can start a program without much effort or cost around your house.
If you move around while at home, you will burn calories. That could include walking, taking stairs, doing housework, mowing the lawn, walking the dog…just about anything that gets you off the couch and away from the television or computer. Moving around at home is a habit, just as watching TV is. Watching other people move on a TV set is not as beneficial as moving around yourself. Get out of your head and get into your body. It’s a machine that needs to move.
There are many ways to get exercise around the house that are right under our nose. Most of them will save you money on your utility bills as a bonus.
- Washing your dishes by hand will burn more calories than using the dishwasher.
- Use an old fashioned hand carpet sweeper. The extra energy will burn calories.
- Hang your clothes to dry on an outside line. You’ll get some stretching in too.
- Cut the lawn with an old fashioned rotary push lawn mower. It’s cool! Your lawn will love it.
- Grow some vegetables in a garden. Water and weed it often. Then enjoy the free food!
- Wash your windows so you can see the garden. Wipe on – Wipe off!
There are many ways to move around at home. Be creative. Do things the old fashioned way. Any labor saving device is also a potential weight gaining device. You’ll lose weight, feel great and save money too.
Moving around or exercise will:
- increase your metabolism
- increase your core body temperature
- increase your cardiovascular rate
- lower your cholesterol levels
- stimulate your brain, your muscles and your bones
- improve your digestion
- reduce your stress
- increase your immune system